Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 25: College Life

Well I can't complain too much about that. College life isn't too bad. Granted I haven't begun classes yet....THAT should be fun, nor have I tried the Cafeteria food...But ah well. today's post I shall include some pics of some New Orleans meals. fried shrimp with fries, sweet potato fries, boiled shrimp, and a hamburger po-boy. (BTW I know the pics aren't great but believe me the food was top-notch!)





Favorite thing I've eaten so far would have to be this bowl of barbequed shrimp. MMmmm!! They pretty much give you a bowl of eight large shrimp swimming in a pond of a home-made but sophisticated BBQ sauce (and no I'm not talking Bull's Eye BBQ or anything like that.) Best thing about it? They came fully shelled, now I mean head, tail, antennas, EVERYTHING! But hey I never said a big mess didn't mean a taste-less meal. And if you still don't quite understand the messiness of this dinner the listen up...they gave each consumer of the shrimp two napkins, a bib, and a warmed napkin following the meal. move over BBQ ribs, there's a new mess in town!

Second favorite thing would have to be a classic Southern dessert...the praline. Traditionally pralines are more fudge-like than caramel-like. That is in consistency. Being a fudge connoisseur myself, I know a thing or two about this sort of thing. To me a praline tastes like the left-over fudge remains sticking to the pot and in turn slightly over cook. It has a burnt taste but that doesn't mean they aren't Delicious. However, Aunt Sally (what seems to be the primary producer of these treats) has several varieties of these pralines. One such being a Creamy kind. Now in addition to sugar, evaporated milk, butter, and pecans these also include corn syrup giving them a consistency closer to a caramel. Now those are my favorite. I've also had the triple chocolate...(though that name is a bit of a misnomer as there is only one type of chocolate in that)...Other flavor I've seen include Bananas Foster, Cafe Au Lait, Sugar & Spice, and of course the light varieties. Guess I'll have more posts once I've experienced the Cafeteria food....dun dun dun dun...


No comments:

Post a Comment