Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 5: Good Eats 10th Anniversary with Alton Brown

Good Day food Network Lovers!!! I have just discovered that Good Eats featuring Georgia's one and only Alton Brown is celebrating its tenth anniversary!! For those of you who don't know Good Eats n explores the science and technique behind the cooking, the history of different foods, and the advantages of different kinds of cooking equipment. The show tends to focus on familiar dishes that can easily be made at home, and also features segments on choosing the right appliances, and getting the most out of inexpensive, multi-purpose tools. Each episode of Good Eats has a distinct theme, which is typically an ingredient or a certain cooking technique, but may also be a more general theme. So to summarize, good eats combines cooking, comedy, and science! On August 29, the show will tape its 10th anniversary special. First, the special edition of the science-minded cooking program will be taped in front of a live audience at the Cobb Energy Centre in Georgia. Second, Food Network reps are also looking for folks who resemble Brown and fans who want to pay tribute to their fave foodie TV program. Six viewers will be chosen to meet Brown backstage and take in the taping as guests of Food Network. I think I may just enter that contest for the opportunity to meet my culinary idol Alton Brown. And it seems something good has come out of me moving to Louisiana. I will be in the area when this special is aired!!! (well, at least I'll be closer than I am in California) I may just have to buy myself a ticket!! Congratulations AB on your shows continual success!


What is that?? A cake knife or a samurai sword?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment